- Unlay the end of the 3 strand rope and form an eye in an anticlockwise direction
- Tuck the middle (top) loose strand under the nearest strand on the standing part of the rope, against the lay of the rope
- Turn the rope and tuck the second loose strand under the next stand in the standing part of the rope - against the lay.
- Turn the rope again and tuck the final loose strand under the strand in the standing part, between the first two tucks
- Complete steps 2 - 4 another 4 or 5 times and then trim the ends