Marlow Ropes are one of the world’s leading manufacturers of specialist fibre ropes. Our rope making roots in the local community go back over 200 years and we are proud to still be manufacturing on the same site as our forebears did.
We have earned a reputation around the world for innovation, performance and quality and we work hard to maintain this. Our factory in Hailsham, East Sussex in the UK employs around 70 people in production, logistics, sales, marketing, technical, accounts and administration. We also have a sales and distribution office in Plymouth Massachusetts in the USA employing 6 people. In addition, we are part of a larger family owned group, with UK other manufacturing and distribution sites in Malvern, Heywood and Telford.
We believe in doing things better, and are always on the lookout for new talent to help us push our Company forward.
If you would like to join our team send us your CV. Alternatively, apply for the specific roles advertised below
TECHNICAL SALES AND PRODUCT MANAGER - WORKING AT HEIGHT | UK BASED
We are the UK’s premier specialist rope manufacturer and global leader in the industry. With an enviable brand reputation dating back 200 years and high aspirations looking forward to the future, we are dedicated to driving the sales of their British made products through performance, innovation and service.
Due to continued growth and strategic plans we are looking for a target driven Technical Sales & Product Manager to develop our Working at Height business. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who can demonstrate enthusiasm, tenacity and flexibility, is customer focussed and capable of delivering the company’s strategy and developing new business across the UK.
Our Working at Height business includes products destined for the Arboriculture, Rope Access and Technical Rescue industries.
This is a rewarding role and a fantastic opportunity to further advance a developing product sector within a respected and growing business.
• Working within the Commercial Division, the role is focussed on developing new business in the Rope Access and Arboriculture markets, with an element of managing existing customers.
• Visit customers and prospective customers across the UK and engage with them via telephone when office based.
• Develop and implement sales plans and strategies to be measured by OKR’s (Objectives and Key Results).
• Recommend the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and customer requirements.
• Bring new products to market by analysing proposed product requirements and managing product development programs
• Introduce and market new products by developing time-integrated plans with marketing and production departments.
• Whilst preferably based out of our Hailsham offices, East Sussex, the role will require nationwide travel so applications from candidates from other parts of the UK are welcome.
• of the rope access and/or arboriculture industries and have sales track record.
• You will have a sound and demonstrable Safety at Height, Rope Access, Sport Climbing or Arboriculture industry experience.
• Be able to demonstrate sound and successful sales experience.
• Have an enthusiastic, passionate, proactive and confident manner.
• Great at generating and building commercial relationships
• Have excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Able to undertake requirement and competitive analysis
• Able to plan and manage product development and introduction projects
• Smart and well presented, but able to adjust approach for different markets
• Passionate about British manufacturing and promoting British products.
• Computer literate with experience in using CRM systems and MS Office suite.
• Be able to show high level of initiative and an ability to work independently.
• Be able to demonstrate attention to detail.
• Well organised with excellent planning skills.
• Be willing to travel extensively around the UK, staying away overnight when necessary.
MARLOW ROPES OFFER:
• a competitive Base salary plus targeted quarterly commission
• a company car, mobile phone and laptop
• a rewarding role dealing with a diverse range of markets and customers
• a career with a strong, stable and well respected business
Marlow Ropes are the UK’s premier specialist rope manufacturer and global leaders in the industry.
With an enviable brand reputation dating back 200 years and high aspirations looking forward to the future, we are dedicated to driving the sales of our British made products through performance, innovation and service. Marlow is steeped in history and recognised around the world for quality, performance and innovation.
We utilise the very latest fibres and manufacturing techniques in the production of ropes from 1mm to 100mm in diameter and specialise in ropes and rope assemblies for the yachting, defence and safety at height markets. With agents and distribution on 6 continents we are able to service specialist rope and cordage requirements across the globe.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience - please apply now!
VAN SALES REPRESENTATIVE - LEISURE MARINE | UK BASED
This is an opportunity to sell a premium British brand into to the Leisure Marine industry, visiting marinas, chandlers and riggers in the UK’s sailing hotspots.
We're looking for an enthusiastic Field Sales Executive for our Leisure Marine Division. A self-starter who can demonstrate, tenacity, empathy and trust and is capable of building relationships with existing customers and developing new business.
With the challenge of ensuring our products are available in every prime sailing location and that all our customers are fully stocked, you will have the benefit of taking the product to the customer by driving one of our well known, branded vans stocked with products and special offers.
Ideally based on the south coast you will be on the road 5 days a week but will visit our factory in Hailsham once a week to restock after successful sales trips.
You will be enthusiastic and knowledgeable, offering empathy and credibility and possessing excellent communication and relationship building skills.
This rewarding role will take you to all the major sailing locations along the south and east coasts, as well as key sailing locations in the Midlands and Wales and therefore entails significant travel across the southern half of the UK.
MUST HAVE COMPETENCIES;
• An active sailor, windsurfer or kite surfer
• Enthusiastic, passionate, and proactive sales person
• Well presented, but able to adjust approach for different customers
• Able to generate and build strong commercial relationships
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Eager to learn and develop
• Computer literate with experience in MS Office
• Able to show high level of initiative and an ability to work independently
• Able to demonstrate attention to detail
• Well organised with excellent planning skills
• Willing to travel extensively around the UK, staying away overnight when necessary
• Have a clean driving licence
DESIRABLE, BUT NON ESSENTIAL;
• Previous experience in the leisure marine industry
• Previous field sales experience
MARLOW ROPES OFFER;
• A competitive salary and commission structure
• A company pension scheme
• A rewarding role dealing with a diverse range customers
• Be part of a young, dynamic and forward looking team
• A career with a strong, stable and well respected business