Marlow Ropes are one of the world’s leading manufacturers of specialist fibre ropes. Our rope making roots in the local community go back over 200 years and we are proud to still be manufacturing on the same site as our forebears did.
We have earned a reputation around the world for innovation, performance and quality and we work hard to maintain this. Our factory in Hailsham, East Sussex in the UK employs around 70 people in production, logistics, sales, marketing, technical, accounts and administration. We also have a sales and distribution office in Plymouth Massachusetts in the USA employing 6 people. In addition, we are part of a larger family owned group, with UK other manufacturing and distribution sites in Malvern, Heywood and Telford.
We believe in doing things better, and are always on the lookout for new talent to help us push our Company forward.
If you would like to join our team send us your CV. Alternatively, apply for the specific roles advertised below
CURRENT VACANCY: TECHNICAL SALES EXECUTIVE
We are looking for a target driven Technical Sales Executive to develop our Safety at Height business.
A self-starter who can demonstrate enthusiasm, tenacity and flexibility, is customer focussed and capable of delivering our message and developing business development across the UK.
Working within our Commercial Division, the role is focussed on developing new business in the Rope Access and Arboriculture markets, with an element of managing existing customers.
To be successful, the candidate will be sales focused & proactive, willing and able to engage with customers via telephone when in the office, and in person when visiting. You will be enthusiastic, amiable and interact well within a team, but will also be a self starter, able to take strategic direction without requiring operational “hand-holding”.
You will have experience of the rope access or arboriculture industries and have a sound and demonstrable sales track record.
Whilst preferably based out of our Hailsham offices, East Sussex, the role will require nationwide travel so applications from candidates from other parts of the UK are welcome.
• Rope Access and/or Tree Surgery / Arboriculture industry experience
• able to demonstrate sound and successful sales experience
• an enthusiastic, passionate, proactive and confident sales person
• smart and well presented, but able to adjust approach for different markets
• great at generating and building commercial relationships
• have excellent communication and presentation skills
• passionate about British manufacturing and promoting British products
• computer literate with experience in using CRM systems and MS suite.
• able to show high level of initiative and an ability to work independently
• able to demonstrate attention to detail
• well organised with excellent planning skills
• willing travel extensively around the UK, staying away overnight when necessary
Marlow Ropes offer
• a competitive salary (Base plus quarterly commission)
• company car, mobile phone and lap top
• a rewarding role dealing with a diverse range of markets and customers
• a career with a strong, stable and well respected business
Marlow Ropes are the UK’s premier specialist rope manufacturer and global leaders in the industry. With an enviable brand reputation dating back 200 years and high aspirations looking forward to the future, we are dedicated to driving the sales of our British made products through performance, innovation and service.
Marlow is steeped in history and recognised around the world for quality, performance and innovation. We utilise the very latest fibres and manufacturing techniques in the production of ropes from 1mm to 100mm in diameter and specialise in ropes and rope assemblies for the yachting, defence and safety at height markets. With agents and distribution on 6 continents we are able to service specialist rope and cordage requirements across the globe.