Marlow Rigged Ambassadors rule the waves at Princess Sofia Trophy 2019
April 8, 2019 | posted by Nichola Bushnell
The start of April has seen some fantastic results for our global sailors at the Princess Sofia Trophy with 8 medals won for the British Sailing Team and 3 medals won for the US Sailing Team. We were thrilled to see so many of our Marlow Ambassadors ruling the waves! Congratulations to all & #Tokyo2020 here we come!
GB highlights include:
- Olympic gold medallist Hannah Mills and Eilidh McIntyre won the women’s 470 while Dylan Fletcher and Stuart Bithell secured 49er gold.
- Giles Scott missed out on gold by just two points in the Finn silver and there was further silver for Elliot Hanson in the Laser race.
- Olympian Nick Thompson secured bronze in the discipline.
- Luke Patience – an Olympic silver medallist in 2012 – and Chris Grube won men’s 470 fleet bronze.
- Charlotte Dobson and Saskia Tidey and John Gimson and Anna Burnet won bronze in the Nacra 17 and 49er events respectively as the medal races were abandoned due to adverse weather.
US highlights include:
Gold and bronze medals in the women’s and men’s Laser Radial and gold in the men’s RSX
Marlow US rigged athletes who have qualified for the 2019 Olympic Test event:
- Charlie Buckingham (Newport Beach, Calif.), Laser
- Paige Railey (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.), Laser Radial
- Stu McNay (Providence, R.I.) & Dave Hughes (Miami, Fla.), Men’s 470
- Nikole Barnes (Miami, Fla.) & Lara Dallman-Weiss (Shoreview, Minn.), Women’s 470
- Andrew Mollerus (Larchmont, N.Y.) & Ian MacDiarmid (Delray Beach, Fla.), 49er
- Stephanie Roble (East Troy, Wisc.) & Maggie Shea (Wilmette, Ill.), 49erFX
- Luke Muller (Fort Pierce, Fla.), Finn
- Riley Gibbs (Long Beach, Calif.) & Anna Weis (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.), Nacra 17
- Pedro Pascual (West Palm Beach, Fla.), Men’s RS:X
- Farrah Hall (Annapolis, Md.), Women’s RS:X